Subscribe:

Wednesday 16 June 2010

How To Write An Interesting Tweet

Have you ever wondered what the secret is to writing good tweets that will result in your link being clicked?

The importance of learning how to write a good tweet should not be under estimated. No matter how interesting the page is that you want to send your followers to, unless you have an eye catching tweet, you will get a very low click through rate to the site.

I have great success with getting people to click through on my links. I have received over 13,000 clicks through to a site in seven days.
What’s the secret??

Here are some tips I recommend:

1Write in a non obtrusive way
2Do not make it sound like a sales pitch
3Grab your followers attention and peak their interest
4Make it sound like there could be an interesting article to follow
5If possible, make it funny so that it will be retweeted also for a viral effect!
6Write about topical subjects such as big celebrity bust ups or major news!

An example of a tweet I used for the Subliminal Power product (http://www.bit.ly/L5tln) was “People fear public speaking more than death! At a funeral, people would rather be in the coffin than giving the eulogy! ”. It’s the subtle differences that can make the difference of 1 sale a week to 50 sales a week to the same followers purely by getting people to click into the sales pitch or other.

7 comments:

Ted Peterson-Best Party Magic said...

I agree 100%!!! I don't have as many followers yet but I have had some really good click through rates!

mxmyst said...

Good advice. I already do most of that and will take the other advice to heart. My click through rate is okay, it's the conversion rate that needs working on. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mili & Paul,

Good article! I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was already doing a few of these. I will add the rest to my repertoire.

Thanks for the useful advice,

Alan

Daniel Stoica said...

Awesome Post!

What is the name of this blog? :-)

Unknown said...

great post, Im building my followers getting at least one or two a day, by tweeting funny happy tweets. Thankyou. :)

Unknown said...

I think its good to have good information at your fingertips.

Unknown said...

I recently heard that explanation used in another context.

Post a Comment