Facebook has come a long way. From a portal for college students to share photos, it has become an avenue for the world to stay connected. Sure, not everyone is on Facebook, but a significant number of people have an account. This is the main reason why more and more business enthusiasts are using the site for marketing their business. The use of Facebook fanpages has definitely helped boost many advertising efforts.
Here are some of the benefits of using Facebook in your marketing campaigns:
1. Facebook is easy to use. You can easily set up a fanpage for your business. All you need is to fill out the required information, upload a cover and a profile picture and link apps needed for your page. When the page is ready, you can publish and make it available to the public. After setting up the page, you can start updating it regularly.
2. It is cheaper, even free at times. Facebook has paid services like advertising. However, you can easily market and promote your business without paying anything. Your posts and updates in your timeline can stir interest from Facebook users. Couple it with personal messages, games, and other techniques to attract more visitors.
3. You can post whatever you like. There is no limitation as to the number of post you can make a day. But be careful not to flood your timeline. Many Facebook users will find it annoying and may lead them to hiding or unsubscribing from your posts. Manage your updates well. It is important that you update your post regularly to make your page visible. However, do not overdo it. You can spend time connecting with your fans or consumers instead of bombarding your profile with updates.
4. You can easily generate useful information. As mentioned above, you can directly interact with your consumers or market. You can receive feedbacks from them just by posting a question in your timeline. You can also use Facebook apps to generate specific information about your market like demographics and key behaviors.
5. You are able to establish a personal connection with your fans or consumers. A fanpage allows your market to message you directly. This makes interaction with them possible. Your exchanges with your customers help establish a more personal connection. This is something you will not have in other marketing media.
Take advantage of Facebook and start using it as a marketing tool. It is fun and simple to use. However, you need to be smart when using it to improve your network.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6997602